Saturday, January 22, 2011

My resolution for the new year...to gain weight.


At my year check-up, I had officially overcome the barrier of 17 pounds...yea for me (I had been working on it for quite a while). I am still underneath the growth curve for my age, but have been doing much better since I stopped puking up 50% of my intake. Once I hit a year, the puking-up suddenly stopped, though I do like to keep mom and dad on their toes and let them have a little reminder of what I am capable of once in a while (I got  dad's suit pants in church two weeks ago with an amazing puke hit mwhaha).

My doctor told my mom to feed me as many fattening foods as possible. Geez, as if I haven't been trying to convince her to do that from day one. Mom wants to lose weight, and I am supposed to gain it. Mom has officially lost more than a 'Paisley' and is determined to keep losing more. Meanwhile, my stomach is starting to pudge out in a very cute way and my face has filled out a little. Example:up above.

Mom and dad think that I am getting smarter everyday and I couldn't agree more. The other night mom said it was time for prayer and I folded my arms right when she said 'prayer.' Yeah, I know how to make their hearts melt. I love it when people chase me, tickle me, and make animal sounds. I also love to 'help' mom in the kitchen when she cooks by taking all the tupperware and cooking utensils out of the drawers I can reach and spreading them all over the house, just to make mom's life more exciting. Here's proof of my handiwork...


In December, Mom's sister, Natalie, came out to visit for 3 weeks from their home in Washington D.C. This also meant that Uncle Joe and my cousin, Taycen, came along. And boy did I let Taycen have it. When they left in June, he was moving more than me and would sometimes pick on me in the way that all babies do because they're curious about one another. I was affectionately nicknamed his "squeker toy." Well, this time around, I was the one moving more and I'm pretty sure I left a very good impression on him in an intimidating sort of way. When he would try to stand up and walk, I would grab the back of his pants and pull him down. I would also try to give him very loving kisses and hugs to which he would return with cries (not of delight) and a frantic search for his mom or dad. At one point during their visit, I had scared him so badly that when he saw me coming, he tried to get as low to the ground as possible so that I hopefully wouldn't see him and attack with love. Here are some pictures of us. Don't worry Taycen, I'm sure we'll be best friends someday, when I don't scare the poo out of you (literally).





In this picture, the only reason Taycen is smiling is because there is an obstacle between him and me that I will not be able to overcome on my own.


                                                           

Taycen: If you would've told me you had toys Paisley, we could've gotten along much easier from the beginning...
  Oh good, she's locked in there securely...

 I think we might finally be able to be    
  friends now...I love you cousin.         

We loved having Taycen and his family stay at our house and are greatly missing them now. Hopefully we'll be able to grow up living right next to each other in a few years though. We also love our cousin, McCade, who is the same age as us. Our parents tried to get a picture of the three of us sitting nicely, but it was not going to happen. Here is a picture of the three of us around 5 months or so of age...so cute and so easy to take a picture of. But come on guys, did you seriously think we were going to sit still now that we can move? ha..ha The thought makes me laugh at my parent's innocence.

My birthday was on December 17th and everyone learned that I am definitely my daddy's girl. Once I tasted the sugar, I attacked the cake like no other one year old had attacked their cake before. I am not afraid of getting my hands dirty...if it means something delicious is about to enter my mouth.

The before picture..dun dun dun.
                           Watch and learn...
 
First, you make sure the cake is not poisoned         
with fake sugar or anything like that.  
            Then, you stuff yourself as fully as you can.

 Don't look at me like that Taycen.      
Just because I eat cake like this        
does not mean that I am not a princess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive